Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) essential oil has a scent that’s a wonderful blend of fresh, floral, clean, and calm. It’s this dynamic aroma that has made the plant a classic for perfumes, soaps, fresheners, and beauty products. As one of our most popular products, Lavender is a great beginner oil and a must for every home. Lavender essential oil isn’t just a favourite because of its classic scent—it’s also highly versatile. From skin care products to relaxing routines, this oil can infuse and enhance many areas of your life. The many plant constituents in Lavender essential oil contribute to a vast range of usages and the oil can be applied to the skin undiluted.
Young Living Lavender essential oil can be used to create elegant dishes that will impress your family and friends. The herb has a sweet, slightly floral flavour that pairs well with both rich and light foods. Use Lavender essential oil to conveniently add this delightful flavour to your meals.
Although more popular with sweeter recipes, the benefits of Lavender essential oil extend to savoury dishes as well. In fact, lavender is sometimes included in the famous Herbes de Provence along with spices such as marjoram, thyme, oregano, and rosemary. Put a new spin on a classic meal and pair it with chicken, lamb or even potatoes.
Just a hint can enhance the flavour of your entire recipe. To avoid overwhelming your food, start small. Try dipping a toothpick in your oil and then swirling the toothpick in your food preparations.
For Lavender Wellness Essential Oil (TGA-listed) therapeutic claims click here.
This item is currently not available for purchase.
These products are only available to purchase by Young Living members. To become a Young Living member click on the "Become a Member" link at the top of this page.
* All prices shown include GST. Shipping charges not included.
For 25 years our Seed to Seal® quality commitment has been both a promise to you and a reflection of our sense of global stewardship and accountability. We believe you want only the best for your family and yourself—products that are genuine, free from harmful synthetics, and of unmatched purity. Our proprietary Seed to Seal promise is our pledge to you, the earth, and ourselves that Young Living products will be the best available, now and always.
Seed to Seal and its three pillars—Sourcing, Science, and Standards—are infused into every aspect of our exacting essential oil production processes, both on our own farms and our carefully curated family of partner farms. Seed to Seal is infused into our painstaking quality testing and retesting to ensure that your family enjoys the purest essential oil products on the planet. Ultimately, Seed to Seal is infused into everything we do. We know that for us—and for you—simply nothing else will do.
How To Use
Topical: Apply 2–4 drops directly to desired area. Dilution not required, except for the most sensitive skin. Use as needed.
Aromatic: Diffuse up to 1 hour 3 times daily.
Caution: Keep out of the reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, consult a health professional prior to use. Keep away from eyes and mucous membranes. If adding to haircare products, be aware that Lavender essential oil can pull the colour from dyed hair (and similarly pull colour from bright-coloured clothing when added to the washing machine).
Culinary: Young Living Lavender essential oil can be used to create elegant dishes that will impress your family and friends. The herb has a sweet, slightly floral flavour that pairs well with both rich and light foods. Use Lavender essential oil to conveniently add this delightful flavour to your meals.
Storage: Store in a cool, dark place.
- Treat yourself to this well-loved aroma by adding a few drops of oil to lotions, shampoos, and skin care products.
- Create a spa-like retreat by combining 1 cup Epsom salts and 15 drops Lavender essential oil, and adding to a hot bath.
- Make a simple homemade body scrub with coconut oil, sugar, and Lavender essential oil.
- Unwind with a Lavender-infused neck or back massage.
- Use Lavender as part of your evening routine. Rub oil on the bottom of your feet before bed or spritz your pillow with distilled water and Lavender mixed in a spray bottle.
- Create a DIY room freshener with Lavender or diffuse it to help banish stale odours.
- Make homemade fruit jams infused with Lavender essential oil. Try mixing it with blueberry, apricot, raspberry, or peach jams and jellies.
- Combine Lavender’s earthy, low notes with bright citrus flavours. Experiment with lavender-lemonade or a citrus sorbet.
- Complement dairy with Lavender essential oil in shortbread, pound cake, ice cream, meringue, or whipped cream recipes.
- Balance Lavender in savoury dishes with herbs such as thyme, rosemary, and oregano.
- Use Lavender essential oil to remove sticky residue and permanent marker stains from solid surfaces.
- Add 5-10 drops of Lavender essential oil to a small, slightly damp washcloth. Place it in the dryer while drying towels for a clean, fresh aroma.
- Diffuse Lavender in your bathroom to make your bathroom smell fresh.
- Put 3-5 drops of Lavender oil in each of your shoes to keep them smelling fresh. If your shoes have plastic or leather soles, put the oil onto a cotton ball and leave it overnight.
- Keep your carpet or rug smelling fresh with Lavender essential oil added to baking soda. Sprinkle the mixture into the carpet, let it sit for at least 15 minutes, and then vacuum it up.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil